Rotary in the Community
This year, Erimus Rotary will support the Wrap-up initiative again as it did last year.
It was an amazingly successful year and we hope that this year will be as successful.
‘Wrap Up’ involves collecting unwanted warm coats and winter clothing items for the homeless of Middlesbrough.
If you would like to get involved then please see the list of locations where you will find a drop-off location for your unwanted coats.
We are looking for warm winter coats and clothing to donate to people in need. We will be collecting from Oct 31st to Nov 13th. Please look at the back of your wardrobes and cloakrooms and give generously.
The collection points are
The Salvation Army
St. Vincent de Paul – Middlesbrough
Teesside Family Foundation
- The Parkway Shopping Centre, Dalby Way, Coulby Newham TS8 0TJ
- James Cook University Hospital (North and South entrances), Martin Rd, Middlesbrough TS4 3BW
- The Kings Academy, Staunton Way, Coulby Newham TS8 0GA
- Nunthorpe Sports and Social Club, Guisborough Road, Nunthorpe TS7 0JA
- Middlesbrough Town Hall, Albert Road, Middlesbrough TS1 2QJ
- St Augustine’s Church, Kirby Lane, Middlesbrough TS9 7AH
- Cartmell Electrics, High St, Yarm TS15 9AU
- Tesco Superstore, Myton Rd, Ingleby Barwick TS17 0WA
- Stainton and Thornton Methodist Hall, 20 Meldyke Ln, Stainton TS8 9AZ
- Middlesbrough Sports Village, Alan Peacock Way, Middlesbrough, TS4 3AE
- The Neptune Centre, Ormseby Rd, Berwick Hills, Middlesbrough, TS3 7RP
- Middlesbrough Municipal Golf Centre, Ladgate Lane, Middlesbrough TS5 7YG
- Stokesley Town Hall, Market Place, Stokesley TS9 5DG
Rotary and who we are
Rotary is an international organisation, founded in 1905, with more than 35,000 member clubs worldwide, and 1.2 million individual Rotarians. It has a long and celebrated history of helping communities across the world and making a difference to millions of lives.
Erimus Rotary is part of this wonderful organisation whose purpose is to give back. We work heavily with our local community and everyone involved is always keep to support.
Of course, as you can appreciate with the pandemic we have like so many others not been able to meet. However, during this time, we have still been active in supporting our community, raising funds to help and donating to the food banks.
If you would like to be part of the rotary group, then drop us a line, do not worry there is no pressure, you can do as little or as much as you like.
Take a look around the site and get a feel for some of the things we have done in the past, and what we have been doing to keep ourselves amused over this strange period.
Just a footnote, this is our brand new website and as such has lots of new information and stories to be added from the past.
Middlesbrough Erimus Rotary Club…
is based at Middlesbrough Golf Club and has members from the surrounding areas including, Marton, Acklam, Guisborough, Great Ayton, Great Broughton and Seamer. The club was founded in 1985 and has been involved in many fundraising projects for the local hospital and charities. There is an emphasis on community support for example with schools and through Social Services. There is a strong fellowship running through the club including visits to local businesses, theatre visits and guest speaker evenings. The club has 32 members including 3 Associate members We are always looking for new members to broaden the roles and activities of our club so new ideas and initiatives are welcome.
Diary of Events
- 30th Rotary at home. Host Geoff and Jean Taylor
6th : Guest Speaker Jane Atkinson, Director of Global Production for Fremantle Television. Will talk on Life of a tv producer from Simon Cowell to Strictly and more in between”.
Host Eric Johnson , Golf Club
13th : Business meeting Golf Charity cheque presentations golf club
20th : Visit Captain Cook Memorial Museum, Whitby
27th : Zoe Lewis, Principal of Middlesbrough College, to speak on the college activities Dock St, Middlesbrough TS2 1AD plus 1800 hrs meal at the College.
Host Joe Guerin
- 3rd : Council meeting at Geoffs 1800 hrs
- 4th : Business Meeting golf club Steve Director General talk. Message from RI.
- 11th : Larchfield visit with lunch, visit around the centre and Purple for Polio themed fundraiser for polio?
- 18th : SGM golf club. Plus John Gardener , presentation on club health checks
- 22nd : Presidents night golf club
- 25th : Joint club meeting Middlesbrough Erimus/ Cleveland golf club Guest speaker or Murder mystery
- 31st : Council meeting at Geoffs 1800 hrs
- 31st : Wrap up project starts
1st – 13th : Wrap up project
1st : Guest Speaker Peter Swan One step forward, two steps back. Building a school in Tanzania. golf club
8th : Business meeting golf club, Stuart will do a short talk on internet banking and how to keep secure, any questions please email prior to the evening
16th : Brewery Visit
19th : Race Night
22nd : Guest speaker
29th : Float/ Christmas charity collections briefing meeting golf club
- 1st : Council meeting at Geoffs 1800 hrs
3rd – 4th : Teesside Park Float ( to be agreed TBA)
4th : Meserani Project African Handicrafts Appleton Wiske Village Hall. 10 am to 4 pm
6th – 9th : Float evenings ??
10th – 11th : Teesside Park Float Weekend TBA
12th – 16th : Float evenings ??
20th : Christmas party (organised by President and team) golf club
27th Winter break