Rotary in the Community
We have raised a great amount for the appeal so far. Please read the story so far here…
Any help you can give is gratefully appreciated.
We all stand together in a united world where peace will prevail, where there is no place for war
Rotary and who we are
Rotary is an international organisation, founded in 1905, with more than 35,000 member clubs worldwide, and 1.2 million individual Rotarians. It has a long and celebrated history of helping communities across the world and making a difference to millions of lives.
Erimus Rotary is part of this wonderful organisation whose purpose is to give back. We work heavily with our local community and everyone involved is always keep to support.
Of course, as you can appreciate with the pandemic we have like so many others not been able to meet. However, during this time, we have still been active in supporting our community, raising funds to help and donating to the food banks.
If you would like to be part of the rotary group, then drop us a line, do not worry there is no pressure, you can do as little or as much as you like.
Take a look around the site and get a feel for some of the things we have done in the past, and what we have been doing to keep ourselves amused over this strange period.
Just a footnote, this is our brand new website and as such has lots of new information and stories to be added from the past.
Middlesbrough Erimus Rotary Club…
is based at Middlesbrough Golf Club and has members from the surrounding areas including, Marton, Acklam, Guisborough, Great Ayton, Great Broughton and Seamer. The club was founded in 1985 and has been involved in many fundraising projects for the local hospital and charities. There is an emphasis on community support for example with schools and through Social Services. There is a strong fellowship running through the club including visits to local businesses, theatre visits and guest speaker evenings. The club has 32 members including 3 Associate members We are always looking for new members to broaden the roles and activities of our club so new ideas and initiatives are welcome.
Diary of Events
- 2nd Wine tasting 7 for 7.30 St Marys Nunthorpe
- 5th Rotary at Home. Hosts Sue and Chris Gent
- 12th Business meeting. Members bar, with buffet, golf club
- 14th Erimus Charity Golf is 6.00am
- 19th Guest Speaker, Life of a Yeoman Warder, Colin Smith MBE RVM BEM. Golf Club host Kevin Lewis.
- 26th Short and medium Walk options and early evening meal at the Bay Horse arrive 1515 hrs long walk and 1545 for the short walk, a meal at 5 for 5.30pm meal range £10.50 to £16 per person main course plus coffee.
- 1st Council meeting at Geoffs 1800 hrs
- 2nd Guest Speaker?? Venue Bay Horse Great Broughton 5.30 meal and coffee £10.50 to £18 per person menu will be circulated before the event.
- 9th Business meeting, John Gardener , presentation on club health checks Golf club
- 16th Summer break
- 23rd Bowls Night Nunthorpe ( from 1700 hrs start) golf club for pie and peas
- 30th Rotary at home. Host Geoff and Jean Taylor